Media & Communication Department enhances the image and visibility of the Pakistan Red Crescent by adopting effective and viable communication mechanisms for promotion of a healthy and safe living, peace and tolerance, augmenting credibility and greater public acceptability for maximum humanitarian benefits and increased fund-raising for ongoing projects and future sustainability.
Since the establishment of Media & Communication Department, the National Society’s humanitarian services have been projected through regular publication of quarterly magazines, brochures, special reports, annual reports, IEC material, short films and documentaries and by updating the PRC website. Wide coverage of the National Society’s relief and reconstruction operations has been broadcast.
Blanket news coverage was also facilitated to enhance the PRC image nationwide and worldwide. The PRC is also active on the social media by regularly sharing reports to create awareness and attract volunteers.
- Celebration of national and international days at the NHQ and branch level to spread awareness among the general public
- Implementation of the PRC Communication Policy from the NHQ to the district level
- Organising awareness sessions with important stakeholders at branch and district levels
- Production of Centralized Quarterly Magazine
- Development of centralized website
- Enhancing the PRC visibility in the social media
- Ensuring a befitting coverage of all PRC activities in the print and electronic media
- Production of promotional material and its timely distribution to important stakeholders countrywide on a regular basis
- Developed a pool of communication volunteers at the district level for timely and accurate flow of information during a man-made or natural disaster
- Imparted First-Aid training to journalists, enabling them to handle emergency situations while on duty
- Established state-of-the-art Library and Museum at the NHQ